Tuesday, November 8, 2011

{It's Pashmina Weather}

It seems like almost with the turn back of the clocks for Daylight Savings Time, the temperatures outside immediately dropped, signaling that winter is around the corner.  While the days will be shorter outside, the cooler temps and darkness brighten my life for one reason, and one reason alone:  it's time to pull out my pashminas!!
 

{Jennifer Aniston looking chic and casual in her blue pashmina}


{ Halle looking absolutely gorgeous in ivory dress and pashmina }

The pashmina is my FAVORITE winter accessory, and if I'm being honest...I don't wait for winter to wear them.  These lovely neck cozies can be worn year round, especially if you work in an air-conditioned building, are going to an evening event where the temp may dip at night, or if you want something to cover your arms when you wear a sleeveless top.  I rarely go anywhere without one on my neck or in my bag because...you just never know when you might catch a chill.

Throw it on casually with your jean jacket as you head out to grab Starbucks, or put it on as a shawl with your evening gown on your way to a gala.  Pashminas come in pretty much every color under the sun and so many tons of fun designs like paisleys, florals, and geometric patterns.  They can help to bring out a color in your outfit, compliment something you're wearing, or match perfectly with your monochromatic ensemble.  And honestly...there's no rule that it has to match at all. 

From sweat pants to evening gown, I can't think of anything that a pashmina won't go with beautifully, which is why I LOVE them so!  If you're getting married, they are an awesome bridal party gift, and if you want to just say thank you to somebody special, it's a thoughtful and affordable token of appreciation. 

Check out wholesalers like The Pashmina Store, Belt Outlet, or Amazing Collections where prices are as low as $6.95 and the options are plentiful.  Priced from as low as $5 up to $100 or more, you can find so many options for this must-have accessory.  If you live in a city like DC or New York, your corner street vendor probably has a pretty awesome selection for about $5 to $10.  Here are a few that I found online that are pretty cute.


{ Chocolate Brown: Target - $14.99 }
   
{Red and Blue Denim with Paisley: Shopping Flu - $12.99 }
 

{ Fuschia: Ebay - $13.99 plus shipping }
 
{ Mustard with Design: Jasmine Scarfs on Etsy - $28 }

And if you need pashmina inspiration, I'm loving VeryPashmina.com's Celebrity Scarf Style Blog where everybody from Roseanne to Jessica Alba to Chris Martin to Diddy is spotted out and about in their pashminas. 

No really...I said Diddy. 


Funny pashmina fact: 
It's taken me about three years to program my mom NOT to call it a "pashimmy".  lol. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio